Skoda has launched a sporty-looking variant of its flagship sedan car , the Superb in India. The new model gets some cosmetic updates and additional features whereas there are no changes on the mechanical front. It is available in both petrol and diesel. Check out the other added features in the car:
What is new?
- The car gets a Glossy black finish on ORVMs, front grille and window frames
- On the interior, it gets an all-black cabin instead of the beige-black combination in the standard model
- Other Sport line modifications include darkened fog lamp housing, chrome highlights on rear diffuser and ‘SPORTLINE’ badge on the front fenders
- The Sportline will only be available in three colors: white, grey and red.
- It has got New 17-inch dual-tone alloys and a lip spoiler finished in black
- Some other additions are door sills with a SUPERB inscription, 12-way electrically adjustable Alcantara leather bucket seats at the front, flat-bottom steering wheel with paddle shifters, and chrome pedals.
- It is equipped with three-zone climate control, panoramic sunroof, front and rear parking sensors, ambient lighting, and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- For safety, the car has eight airbags, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution), HBA (Hill Brake Assist), HHC (Hill Hold Control), and EDS (Electronic Differential Lock).
The petrol model of the Superb Sportline is powered by a 1.8 TSI engine (with a 7-speed DSG) that puts out 180PS and 250Nm, while the diesel version gets a 2.0-litre TDI mated with a 6-speed DSG that generates 177PS and 350Nm.
The petrol variant is priced at INR 28.99 lakh and the diesel model is priced at INR 31.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India).