Finally, Maruti Suzuki has launched the second generation of Ertiga in India. It will be available in four variants: L, V, Z, and Z+. The car has already made its debut in Indonesia in April 2018 and it is based on Maruti’s new Heartect platform. The MPV is being offered in a total of ten options (two petrol-manuals, two petrol-automatics, and one diesel-manual) for buyers to choose from. Check out the features of the car below:
Check out what is new in the Maruti Ertiga 2018:
- The car is based on Maruti’s new Heartect platform. The dimensions of the car are: At 4395mm X 1735mm X 1690mm, it is 99mm longer, 40mm wider and it is 5mm taller than its predecessor.
- Maruti Ertiga 2018 is powered by a new 1.5-liter 105PS/138Nm petrol engine that swaps the older 1.4-liter 92PS/130Nm unit. It produces 105hp at 6,000rpm and 138Nm of torque at 4,400rpm.
- The other engine on offer is Maruti’s staple 1.3-liter diesel motor which produces 90hp at 4,400rpm and 200Nm of torque at 1,750rpm.
- The new K15 petrol engine in the Ertiga offers 13% improved power and 6% better torque. It also claims to deliver 10% more mileage.
- Both the engines are mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. A 4-speed torque converter unit is also on offer but with the petrol engine only.
- 2018 Ertiga is better than its predecessor. The claimed fuel economy statistics for the new Ertiga are as follows: 19.34kmpl (petrol MT), 18.69kmpl (petrol AT) and 25.47kmpl (Diesel MT).
- On the exterior, the car gets projector headlamps, LED tail lamps, fog lamps and 15-inch alloys wheels.
- The car offers a SmartPlay 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto climate control with rear AC vents, rear parking camera, ventilated front cup holders and reclinable second and third row of seats. It also gets a leather-wrapped steering wheel and a height adjustable driver’s seat.
- For safety, the car features dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors and rear parking sensors as standard. It also gets ESP and hill hold, but only in the petrol automatic transmission variants.
- Just like Ciaz, the new Ertiga is also equipped with a speed alert system. As the name suggests, it alerts the driver if the speed goes over 80kpmh. It provides two types of warning depending on the speed. From 80kmph-120kmph it beeps twice every 60 seconds and above 120kmph, it beeps continuously.
The Maruti Ertiga is launched with a price tag of INR 7.44 lakh and Rs 8.84 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for petrol and diesel variant, respectively.
|L||INR 7.44 lakh||INR 8.84 lakh|
|V||INR 8.16lakh||INR 9.56 lakh|
|Z||INR 8.99 lakh||INR 10.39 lakh|
|Z+||INR 9.50 lakh||INR 10.90 lakh|
|V AT||INR 9.50 lakh|
|Z AT||INR 9.95 lakh|