The time when Honda had finally launched the car, it was impossible for our experts to wait to check their hand on this new and much discussed Honda Mobilio. Well, after taking their first test drive, experts had lot to say about the all new MPV. We are trying to express their some positive and some negative reviews of Mobilio here in a summarized form. Let’s have a look.
- The petrol trims of Mobilio are available within price brackets of 6.49-8.46 lakhs while the diesel trims of 7.89-10.86 lakhs.
- We were thinking Honda to price the Mobilio a bit lesser than its only main rival Maruti Ertiga but unfortunately it didn’t happen, the reason is well known to company, though.
- Still, if not compare with any other then the price range, at first sight, seems quite competitive and acceptable as per its size and segment.
- Honda didn’t give its beloved customers chance to talk or think about Mobilio’s engines as we were already very much familiar about these engines.
- Its 1.5 liter i-VTEC petrol and 1.5 liter i-DTEC diesel engines that have already been highly applauded in company’s popular sedan City.
- Delivered output in this Mobilio is very linear, offers less turbo lag comparatively.
- Gearbox is picked from Amaze which is a 5-speed manual in both petrol and diesel, does it duty well though.
- One of the main things we liked in this Mobilio is its impressive fuel efficiency in both fuel trims.
- Overall, Mobilio’s under hood is a well-packed and satisfies.
- Amazing drive quality and very responsive engines.
- Much suitable ride quality in city traffic than its competitors while on highways it’s satisfactory as well.
- NVH levels in diesel trim are low finally in comparison to Amaze, provides comparatively better drive with lesser noise.
- Despite of having its bigger size, it offers an excellent handling.
- Altogether, we can say its drivability is one of the strongest points of Mobilio.
Space & Dimension:
- Dimension wise, even Honda City is longer and wider than Mobilio but it doesn’t seem so.
- Mobilio is a well proportioned car which offers more than sufficient leg room at its front and middle rows, knee room and headroom are good as well.
- Though it’s a seven seater MPV but the last row is suitable only for children, an adult will not fit easily in there.
- Its best-in-class ground clearance offers hassle free ride on rough roads.
- One other noticeable thing is its 223 liters with all seats up and its 521 liters when last row seats are folded down, very practical for storing the luggage while going on a long family trip.
- The inside cabin of Mobilio disappointed us on a high level.
- It’s very simple and cheap we will say, didn’t expect this much of cost cutting from Honda.
- Dashboard seems more like Amaze and one will get complete feeling of Honda Amaze after sitting inside at driver or front passenger seat.
- Material quality is not that much good either.
- There is plenty of space though for holding the small things and also few small yet useful features can be seen inside like 3-point seat belt even at its rear row seats etc.
- But at this price, company could have done far better than this.
- Honda Mobilio looks smart at outside but its front as well as rear profile again gives feeling of Honda Amaze.
- We were expecting slightly better and unique design as it was the company’s very first model in this segment.
- Curves and lines are smooth and sharp enough though and giving a striking glimpse.
- We like the features of its sporty RS variants which is getting projector headlamps along with LED position lamps, dynamic bumpers at front & rear, eye catching alloy wheel design, stylish tailgate spoiler, retractable ORVM with turn indicators etc.
- In the safety terms, Honda’s cars have always been reliable ones and so is Mobilio.
- As far as safety devices are concerned, it gets dual airbags at front in its top-end variants.
- While features like ABS and EBD are only marking their presence in Mobilio’s diesel trims.
As we mentioned above, the strength of Mobilio is its powerful engines and amazing on-road performance otherwise it’s just as same as any other car. The other thing which will be responsible to give it an exciting-figured sale is its availability in less crowded segment. This time, the only major rival of this car is Maruti Ertiga in market. Last but obviously not the least plus point of this car is its brand image and excellent after sale services to customers. Altogether, not a bad package actually.
|Comparison of Honda Mobilio|
|Comparison of Honda Mobilio variants|