India’s 3rd ranked car manufactures has finally launched its much talked Honda Mobilio on 23rd July 2014. As expected with the launch there is talk of its comparison with Maruti Ertiga and Chevrolet Enjoy. The talk has already started whether it puts Honda on driver’s seat to take its rank to up or down. With the stiff competition around can Mobilio deliver for Honda’s cause? Let’s have a critical analysis of it.
- Mobilio has a special edge i.e. Honda’s brand name attach to it which takes reliability factor much high.
- 24.2 km/L diesel engine and 17.3 km/L petrol engine’s mileage are way fuel efficient as we compared with its competitors.
- Both diesel and petrol engines are smooth to operate, Fast and effortless to drive.
- Mobilio is a spacious car, 2nd row space is even better than bigger cars , more than sufficient head and leg room space in 1st & 2nd row is a big plus for Mobilio.
- Main highlight is being is its excellent ground clearance of 189mm.
- It has almost all the premium feel which could a C- class sedan carries like brilliant design, Black- blue duo interior dashboard, body colored bumpers except at center front, reverse parking camera and boot capacity of 223L and 521L with all seats folded is quite good.
- Honda Mobilio is a bit pricy especially against its arch rival Maruti Ertiga.
- Some Basic features are absent from Mobilio like seat belt adjustment, No bluetooth connectivity, No CD player option and automatic auto door lock system.
- Mobilio’s front side is almost similar to Brio and Amaze as it looks like a family member of it and handling is not smooth as expected may be due to heavy body.
- 3rd row seats don’t have ample legroom space as it can be used for kids rather than adults.
- When you see Mobilio you will feel cost cutting in different areas like slim seats, panel gaps at front glove box, tail gate and no rubber protection across the Wind shield which makes its NVH (noise, Vibration and harshness) level high. Honda city is better in NVH.
- Mobilio’s lesser height is a disadvantage in front of Maruti’s Ertiga and design of Ertiga is clean in comparison to Mobilio’s edgy design.
- Front fascia is partly identical to brio and amaze, front should have been different.
Honda Mobilio is on right track of victory in this segment, the only hurdle it faces is aggressive pricing. Price has to be competitive rather than aggressive and it has to be taking into consideration by Honda to be winner in MPV segment.