Since its launch in India, Honda Amaze has been enjoying successful run but with the launch of new contenders like Tata Zest and Ford Figo Aspire is certainly heating up the competition. Honda may not have initiated the compact sedan category but certainly redefined it with Amaze in a significant manner. It managed to clock more than 2 lakh units on the ground of spacious cabin, efficient mileage of diesel trim and aggressive pricing. After three long years, it received a much needed update which is limited to exterior and interior as under the hood it remains same. Let’s have a glance at some of positive and negative aspects of Honda Amaze:-
- Honda has replaced the conventional AT with new CVT (continuously variable transmission) gearbox that gives seamless power release to all wheels and is absolute lag free thus offers stress free driving.
- Cosmetic changes like single slat grille, new muscular bumper with integrated fog lamps, new tail lamps makes amaze a lot younger, tempting and attractive car as compared to older model.
- Amaze’s cabin is now nicer place to be in as it receives upcoming BR-V inspired dashboard with dual beige shade color theme, Piano black centre console, faux silver highlights all around, new instrument binnacle with multiple lighting options.
- Honda Amaze packs in with 1.5l i-Dtec diesel engine which develops 99bhp and 200Nm of torque, it help car to offer best in segment performance and overtaking vehicles during higher speeds is brisk.
- One of the key elements while making purchase decision is fuel mileage and Amaze fulfills it in decent war as it delivers an impressive mileage of 25.8 KMPL in the diesel trim and 18.1 KMPL with CVT gearbox.
- Honda’s fuss free ownership experience and long term reliability and durability adds to the cause of Amaze sedan
- Honda Amaze is equipped with conventional audio system and has replaced the optional seven inch AVN touchscreen system which is probably the worst point about this new update.
- Despite after getting partial cladding, the NVH problem still continues especially with the diesel mill as sound breaks inside on higher speeds.
- Honda Amaze is not as dynamic and enthusiastic as Maruti Swift Dzire, Toyota Etios and Ford Figo Aspire.