Tata has not enjoyed a very good phase since the launch of Indica. Tata’s market graph is like a roller coaster getting up and down frequently in recent times. Tata launched Zest with the hope of regaining its somehow lost market position. Tata zest gets brilliant design internally and externally unlike the Typical Tata cars which is quite good. Tata zest’s reliability will be tested against Maruti Dzire, Honda Amaze and Hyundai Xcent which are famous for its reliable brand name and durable engines. Now, let’s have a critical analysis of it
- Price is one of the main phenomena for a consumer while buying a car. Tata Zest seems to grab full marks on this phenomenon. Tata Zest is very rightly placed in terms of price which is lower than its competitors like Xcent, Dzire and Honda Amaze.
- Tata zest automatic is India’s first C segment sedan in Diesel automatic version and it is the only diesel automatic sedan which is under Rs. 9 lakhs.
- Tata Zest external appearance is not a typical Tata type; it’s very refreshing, graceful and premium which is looking lot better than Tata’s previous designs.
- Surprisingly, Internal beauty is as pleasing to eyes as its outer appearance, Features like Dual color dashboard, brilliant touch screen infotainment system and some aluminum finishing looks noble.
- Petrol variants come with option of three driving modes – City, ECO and Power. City mode is for balance of performance, ECO is for economic fuel efficiency and Power mode is for fast and fun driving. This is a big plus for Tata zest.
- One of the primary negative point Tata zest has the fuel efficiency of Petrol engine which is quite low as per the expectations. It should have been better.
- Another drawback of Tata Zest is the utter smoothness during high speeds, Zest automatic diesel when taken on High speeds cannot match the smoothness one expects from automatic transmitted car.
- Storage space is quite low, like no bottle holders at front gates, no seat back pockets and another problem with Tata is Tata’s infamy in service department.
- Lack of reliability and durability comes into mind when we think about the Tata’s car, first thing strike the mind is questionable engine life because of not so good track record of Tata.
|Comparison of Tata Zest|
|Comparison of Tata Zest variants|