Mercedes Benz is all set to launch the high performer GL 63 AMG version of its regular luxury SUV GL-class in India on 15th April 2014. Currently, Benz’s AMG line-up in India includes C 63 AMG, G 63 AMG, E 63 AMG, CLA 45 AMG and SLK 55 AMG etc and now this new one is going to add in this queue. The new GL 63 AMG is going to enter in Indian car market via CBU (completely built unit) route.
Note: The mentioned facts here are yet to be confirmed by the company and hence could be changed by the launch.
Though, price is still behind the curtain and will be revealed only by the launch but it is expected to come within range of 1.66 crores.
The yet to be launched GL 63 AMG is said to be equipped with a powerful 5.5 liter BITURBU V8 engine churning out the max power of 549.82bhp and peak torque of 760Nm. The engine is mated to a 7G-TRONIC AMG automatic transmission.
As reported, it will accelerate 0-100km/h in mere 4.9 seconds with the electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h.
Also, the GL 63 AMG will come equipped with ‘AMG ride control’ package of adaptive, self leveling air suspension with active anti roll bars.
Interior & Exterior:
As per the reports received till now, Mercedes-Benz GL 63 AMG standard features list includes:
- Stainless steeled AMG door sill panels
- AMG floor mats
- AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Active Parking Assist
- Attention assist
- Bi-xenon headlamps
- Audio 20 CD radio with Bluetooth and USB interface
- Collision prevention assist
- Electric EASY-ENTRY system at rear compartment
- Electrically operated EASY-PACK tailgate
- Electric glass tilt/sliding sunroof
- Intelligent Light System (ILS) + new off-road lighting
- Crosswind Assistance
- Keyless Entry
- Driver & co-passenger’s multi-contour seats along with a massage function and Memory package
- THERMATIC triple-zoned auto climate control.
|Comparison of Mercedes-Benz GL|
|Comparison of Mercedes-Benz GL variants|