Mahindra after years of same design trend has now made some extensive changes in interior and exterior profile of new GEN Scorpio. Carrying same configurations and side profile Mahindra tried to maintain the glimpse of old Scorpio series. From front side it looks good, side remains same and rear gets mix reviews. Scorpio will compete with Duster, Terrano and Safari Strome so let’s see how new Scorpio stands among all of them.
- Mahindra has worked on new Scorpio’s cabin in a versatile manner; interior of Scorpio gets re-energized with new color scheme for seats, black grey dashboard looks gorgeous.
- Infotainment system also gets an updation replacing basic system with 6 inch touchscreen infotainment system with in-built navigation supporting bluetooth, SD card, I phone, USB etc.
- When we have driven 2.2L m HAWK engine it responds in very smooth way, performance was decent, ride and handling was fine and with minor lag it performed better than the current model.
- Owing Mahindra Scorpio won’t dent your pocket much as its maintenance cost is very minimal against the rival cars.
- Exterior design of new Scorpio has also been rejuvenated with eye- brow raising chromed head lights, revived bonnet scoop and circular silver shade fog lamps. Air dam also retains chromic lines which complements the front design of Scorpio.
- Side outline of Scorpio remains same except badge containing engine’s name and rear too could have been better as two tone rear appliqué will not thrill everyone.
- Price of new Scorpio ranges between 8-13 lakhs which is a bit steep, Renault duster comes at similar price range but with better performance than Scorpio.
- Mahindra claimed that they have improved Scorpio’s fuel efficiency by 37% since 2002, but after improving that much it manages only 15 which reduced to 11 on city traffic. On the other hand Duster returns 19 KPL mileage which is far better than Scorpio’s.
- Indian roads are not considered so smooth and low ground clearance of a car even make it worse, Scorpio carries only 180mm ground clearance which is certainly on the lower side.
- There is apparent turbo lag up to 1800-2200 rpm, though it might be feature rich car but certainly not a performance rich car like Duster.
- If You like to move your car swiftly through corners than Scorpio isn’t a right choice for you because its heavy body roll comes into play when you move it quick through corners.
Scorpio has been one of successful car since its launch but it is not among the good looking SUVs. This time around Mahindra tried to wipe out that flaw, but rear and side profile of new Scorpio spoiled it altogether. Price of it is also a bit high but Scorpio’s successful reign might prove to be a savior for new GEN Scorpio.
|Comparison of Mahindra Scorpio|
|Comparison of Mahindra Scorpio variants|