British Luxury car manufacturer showcased its compact SUV ‘Land Rover Discovery sport’ in orange color avatar during Paris motor show which is already ruling the roads of Europe and will make its way to India in by mid 2015. Land Rover Discovery the newest member of Discovery will replace the Veteran Free Lander.
The Discovery Sport will be available in both Petrol and Diesel engines. Land rover Discovery Sport will be powered with 2.2L 4 cylinder diesel engine which returns 187BHP power, while 2.0L turbocharged petrol engine will produce 237BHP of peak power. The SUV will be mated with 9 speed ZF automatic transmission and all wheel drive system.
The Petrol box of this compact SUV sprints 0-100 km in just 8.2 seconds with the top speed of 200 km/hr, on the other hand 2.2L diesel engine accelerates 0-100 km in 8.9 seconds with the top speed of 188 km/hr.
Dimensionally new Land Rover Discovery Sport will be 4599mm long, 2173mm wide and 1724mm in height. It carries massive wheelbase of 2741mm and discovery sport will have 80mm of more legroom and 91mm of more headroom than the Free Lander. Discovery Sport will not be a typical 5 seater SUV it comes with seating arrangement of 5+2. Ground clearance of 212mm is more than sufficient for Indian roads.
- LED rounded rectangle shaped fog lights
- Circular smoked trendy headlights
- Two Slate shiny chrome grille
- Muscular and Bulky built
- Body colored rear view mirrors and door handles
- Big multi spoke alloy wheels
- Stylish Taillights
- Dual tone dashboard loaded with tech wizardry
- Premium quality material for seats
- 8 inch touchscreen infotainment with Wi-Fi hotspot and voice command navigation system
- Six USB charging sockets and four 12V power sockets
- 5+2 seating arrangement and second row seats can move forward and backward by 160mm
- Pedestrian air bags (Segment first)
- Emergency braking system
- Advanced terrain response system
|Engine||Transmission||Power (BHP)||Torque (Nm)||Drive System|
|2.0L D4 diesel||6 Speed Manual||148||380||2WD|
|2.2L TD4 Diesel||6 Speed Manual||148||400||4WD|
|2.2L TD4 Diesel||9 Speed Automatic||148||400||4WD|
|2.2L SD4 Diesel||6 Speed Manual||187||420||4WD|
|2.2L SD4 Diesel||9 Speed Automatic||187||420||4WD|
|2.2L SD4 Petrol||9 Speed Automatic||238||340||4WD|
The Land Rover Discovery will be locally manufactured in Pune plant hence it will cost less I comparison to CBU. It will be in the price bracket of 45-50 lakhs and will compete against Audi Q5, Mercedes M class and BMW X3.