Here we’ll focus only on the Cons of i10 Grand, which you should keep in mind before buying the car.
- The mileage factor as stated by Hyundai is 24 kpl, but it hardly reaches that point, infact it is the upper limit of mileage you can achieve through constant high speed on highways, which may not be the situation everyday and thus which will not be the mileage everyday. An average of 20-21 kpl is observed and sometimes quite less because of the city traffic jam, which means you will have to apply brake every other moment.
- The lower variants like plain Asta, Magna don’t have sufficient safety features, as these lacks the Anti- Braking Technology. Hyundai has created hype among people for its starting rate at Rs. 4.3 lacs but mind you that is for the lowest variant which will lack many features one example being ABS.
- The rear A/C vents thing is a noble idea by Hyundai, but even the front A/C vents have closure problem i.e. that the vents don’t close itself properly even at zero.
- There are other cars which come at reasonable prices and offer most or even more features than i10 grand like Honda Amaze, Ford Figo, Nissan Micra, Maruti Suzuki Swift, etc.
Honda Amaze is just few bucks higher than i10 Grand but provides better mileage 25.8 kpl, which is so far the highest mileage in the country, keeping aside the CNG versions.
- The i10 Grand is not much futuristic than unlike i20.
- The front head lights seem small and might be a problem at night.
- Only manual transmission is available in the car both for petrol and diesel versions, no provision for Automatic transmission which the youth loves.
While taking a test ride, observe these factors and only when you are fully convinced with the performance and features of the car, you should get it. We suggest you to test ride i20, Maruti Suzuki Swift and Honda Amaze as well, so that at end you should have no doubt on your choice.
You can check its Variants, Features & Specifications on our car specification page.
|Comparison of Hyundai Grand i10|
|Comparison of Hyundai Grand i10 variants|