Hyundai Verna has been a benchmark in terms of style for a while now but arrival of fresh competitors like new City, Maruti Ciaz started outshining Verna. So, the Verna got its first update and now christened as 4S Fluidic Verna with some cosmetic and suspension updates. 4S stands for Style, safety, sophistication and speed though which is not an all new car but a mild facelift version. So you should be excited? Let’s find out with some high and low points of new 4S Fluidic Verna.
- The most visible and prominent change of new Verna is of course refreshed front fascia with two slat grille, projector headlamps with faux LED effect and boomerang shaped fog lamps with chrome accent makes new 4S Verna one of the striking cars of the segment.
- The problem with previous GEN Verna was its soft suspension and steering feedback but Hyundai has worked on both these fronts. In new 4S Verna changes have been made in rear suspension so it now provides better on road behavior and the car is not bumpy as before.
- Though changes to the interior are minimal but Hyundai has maintained the high level of fit and finish, everything from dashboard to rear side feels good and superb. Though changes are limited but overall effect is radical.
- Apart from the looks, interior and on road performance new Verna 4S is equipped with top-notch safety features such as six airbags, Anti-lock braking system, impact sensing door-unlock and many more features which is complimented by 5-star rating EURO NCAP test.
- New Verna 4S now looks a handsome looking sedan but it misses out on some of the necessity equipments like cruise control, rear A/c vents, rear disc brakes. New Verna gets updated music system with 1GB internal memory but competition demands a touchscreen infotainment system.
- Hyundai is now offering ERGO lever in new 4S Verna that can be accessed by the rear passenger for better knee room but lower rear seat still lacks one thing and it is inadequate under thigh support.
- The facelift does not involve any updates to the engine section, Verna 4S still available with the choice of two petrol and two diesel engines. Last Gen Verna was criticized for soft suspension but this time around Hyundai has made some changes in the suspension to stiffen it up and as a result of it new Verna feels stable, ride and handling have also improved but still it is far away from Vento, Linea and Rapid which is more fun to drive.
- Another drawback in new Verna 4S is the absence of 5 or 6 speed AT because competition and segment now demands at least 5-speed AT instead of a 4 speed AT.
|Comparison of New 4S Fluidic Hyundai Verna|
|Comparison of New 4S Fluidic Hyundai Verna variants|