The Much awaited car of 2014 has been just launched by Fiat. The Fiat Punto EVO is a facelift version of its previous avatar of 2009. This time company brought a complete external and internal change to car with lots of new stuff, in addition to its attractive price. On the day of its launch our experts tried their hands on it, to give our readers a detailed view of it. So, it lasted on expectations or not, let’s sees the details, what our experts have to say.
- As we earlier mentioned about its price thing and with comparison to its competitor cars like Swift, polo & i20. It scores well above them in this segment.
- The Petrol variant marks its presence between 4.55-6.55 Lakhs as per its different variants.
- The Diesel trim starts between 5.27-7.19 lakhs which is quite astonishing as we compare it with its rival cars.
- Fiat makes change to one of its petrol variant of this facelift version of Punto EVO and Company also claims that they improved the 75 BHP diesel engines for better fuel efficiency.
- The Punto EVO has two Engines 1.2L, 1.4L Petrol engine and 1.3L Multijet Diesel engine with 3 variants including one sports trim 90HP.
- The petrol engine somehow disappoints as it lags behind in power as compared to what other cars of same segment are offering.
- On the other hand Diesel engine is same as what Maruti swift is offering, there are better options available in Diesel category like Polo, i20etc.
- The Punto EVO engine is like the old book with new cover, engine is quiet similar to the old Punto.
- The car is stable at high speeds and good at corners but you will surely miss the Fun you expect from new age cars, though it has good pick up.
- One of the better things in diesel engine we found was fluent up to 3500rpm but once it passes through 2200rpm it feels likes its losing its strength.
- Gearbox is rigid, not easy to operate kind of gearbox.
- On the other side, Petrol engine faces the same problem as it becomes shaky and noisy after a certain speed limit.
Space and Dimensions:
- Dimensions wise it is more spacious than its predecessor.
- Driver seat is quite comfortable to seat and ride on as you will not feel much fatigue while long drives; it is perfectly placed as well.
- When their will be a tall person behind a tall driver it can create a little inconvenience to person at the rear seat.
- Front leg space is excellent especially of driver’s seats and rear leg space is also good until unless the above criteria takes place.
- Punto EVO has 3989mm length, 1687mm wide, 1525mm in height, longest of them in the segment.
- Punto EVO has 280 liters of boot capacity.
- When you will seat in Punto EVO, Don’t get surprised when you shout OMG it’s like New Linea.
- The dashboard is carrying grey-black two shades with Glossy black finish at center which makes you feel like royal.
- The front is filled with lots of features from modern sound system; steer mooted audio control to smarter display material surrounds you.
- You may find some kind of hard plastic and rough areas at front.
- The interiors are well equipped with comfortable cushioned seats, arm rest and with more than sufficient leg space and Smart storage to place or keep your things.
- Main attraction of inner section of the car is its rear A/C vents.
- The Punto has always been a good looking car and with the arrival of its facelift version ‘EVO’ it is confirmed once again.
- The new refreshed Punto EVO comes with all new front end, New grill with chrome surrounding and with new position of its logo on its All new bonnet.
- With all new headlamps filled with black color, body colored bumpers, body colored ORVM’s and excellent paint quality brings Italian DNA shines through.
- The tubeless tyres are wider with 195/60 with 15 inch of diamond cut alloy wheels which makes car even more beautiful.
- ORVM’s are electrically adjustable, rear foggers makes the car complete from outside.
- The car is fully loaded with safety features like Central locking system, Seat belts with pre-tensioner, Door ejar warning and Fire prevention system (FPS).
- The car is also loaded with early crash sensors and it is been awarded with 5 stars as well on safety measures.
- Upfront there is two airbags option with air-bag deactivation as well and on rear there are seat belts for back seaters.
- Punto EVO also has ABS+EBD system but for top variants not available in base variant.
On the final note, the strength of Punto EVO is its new rejuvenated sleek design, sporty look, great introduction rear defoggers which are rare to see in this segment. The Heart buttering interiors and so many vibrant youth magnetic colors for such affordable price are worth of applause but the main thing is its engine which is an old version in terms of performance as well a bit to shaky and noisy as well also its previous records at not so after sales service may hamper its dream of capturing large market share.
|Comparison of Fiat Punto Evo|
|Comparison of Fiat Punto Evo variants|