Everyone in this country wants some extra value for the money they spend especially when it comes to car. People here want some extra in very department like some extra mileage, space, features and all that in a price that suits them. Datsun Go+ the new entrant in the Indian Car market almost fulfills that criterion in an efficient and promising manner. Datsun Go+ is surely an affordable car which might not please you in every department. Datsun Go+ is a stretched version of Go hatchback with extra space, more practicality and all this in few extra bucks than Go hatchback. Every car has certain high and lows which distinguishes it from the competitors, so let’s check out the Datsun Go plus pros and cons.
- Most likeable and good point about Datsun Go+ is its affordable price; Top variant of Go+ will cost less than 5 lakh. Datsun Go+ will provide a decent option for first time buyers who were looking for hatch or sedan until now but with price they can go for GO+ MPV.
- Datsun Go plus is a good looking car, it’s simple yet neutral styling will please almost everyone. Despite of its increased length as compared to its hatchback sibling it still manages to look inoffensive.
- Datsun Go plus 1.2L engine might look small on paper against Ertiga and Mobilio but it provides decent urban drivability with good fuel economy and short turning radius with responsive throttle supports urban crawl.
- Datsun Go+ is supposed to be a seven seater MPV or we can say 5+2 seater, it is comfortable 5 seater car with great amount of luggage space. Extra space at this price is just a steal.
- One of major drawbacks in Datsun Go plus is absence of some of basic safety features like ABS and airbags (except Top variant) which are essential for Indian roads. Datsun Go plus is a light weighted car which also raise safety concerns.
- Datsun is selling Go plus as a seven seater car but in reality third row seats doesn’t have space to comfort an adult. It is best suited for kids or your family dog or you can use it for luggage storage. So, Datsun Go plus is a 5 seater with not a full fledge 7 seater MPV.
- Another major flaw in Go plus is poor insulation level, as you start on the engine one can feel vibration even at idle position and even its Tail pipe vibrates. Once you pass 5000rpm cabin noise becomes irritating due to no noise insulation on engine and naked wheels wells and poor cladding around windscreen.
- Datsun Go plus may be affordable and practical but a buyer also wants feature richness as well in his car. Datsun Go+ lacks long list of features even for a conventional music system you have to pay some extra bucks because Go+ gets only mobile docking system as standard. Features like adjustable ORVMs, retraceable seat belts etc are absent from Go plus MPV.
- Datsun after sales service can put many buyers in doubt and Go hatchback’s latest incident of failure in NCAP crash test will certainly raise the questions in the mind of prospect buyers of Go plus MPV.
|Comparison of Datsun GO Plus|
|Comparison of Datsun GO Plus variants|