Toyota seems to be following a recalling streak after the recalling of its 119 Camry Sedan Toyota now recalling Altis sedan and that too in large numbers. Toyota has recalled the diesel sedan to replace some components which fails to prevent oil from entering the air intake system manufactured between 15 June 2010 and 23 May 2011.
Vehicle Call spree in recent Times:
- Mahindra & Mahindra recalled 2,300 units of its SUV siblings Scorpio, XUV 500 and its MPV Xylo to resolve Vacuum pump in the engine.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motors earlier this month has recalled 119 units of its Camry sedan over faulty front suspension.
- Ford India also evoked 3072 units of Fiesta to repair the problem occurred in glow plug control module.
- Honda recalled 2338 units of Hatchback Brio, Honda Amaze and Sports Utility Vehicle CR-V manufactured between September 2011 and July 2014 to replace faulty part of airbags.
- Maruti Suzuki India recently summoned 55,938 units of old Swift Dzire, 12,486 old Swift and 1131 units of Ritz, apart from that MSIL also recalled 1,03,311 units of Ertiga, Swift and Dzire to fix fuel filter neck issue.
- The German Giant Audi also among the recalling car makers Audi A4 sedan manufactured in November 2011 to October 2014 to revise air bag control unit.
- Nissan India recalled 9000 units of Micra to replace faulty airbag manufactured between 2008 and 2012.
- One of the biggest recalling till date was by General Motors in July last year, they recalled around 1.14 lakh units, Chevrolet Tavera to fox issues occurring in specifications and emissions which manufactured between 2005 to 2013.
- Hyundai Motor is not behind also they taken back 2437 units of its SUV Santa Fe to fix issues related with stop lamp switch.
Almost all the biggest car manufacture brands has recalled their cars over miscellaneous issues this would not have happened if SIAM (society of Indian automobile manufactures) hasn’t imposed voluntary Vehicle recall over safety related issues since July 2012. Since that time period over 7 lakh vehicles have been recalled by several car manufactures.