Ford’s Journey in India has been a roller coaster which consist long periods of calm and hush. Old Gen Figo took the carmaker to newer heights but when its sales started to dwindle a bit then EcoSport came as a rescuer for Ford. Lately, EcoSport has also started to lose its magic as the figures are now restricted to 3000/month from 5000-6000 units during the 2014-2015 period. So to get back on track, the American car maker came up with a fantastically packaged Figo Aspire sedan which has been received warmly by the customers. And just when we thought it’s the best car from Ford till date, Ford introduced the all new Figo Hatchback which is loved by our experts and getting a positive response in the market.
In last three years or so it has been on rejuvenating track thanks to cars like EcoSport, Figo and newly launched Figo Aspire. Let’s have a look at what our critics have to say on this new Ford Figo.
- Looks of the new Figo have become trendier and stylish than ever, it is probably one of the best looking hatchbacks in India right now. Aston martin-ish front fascia, neat side profile and unoffending rear are making this trendy hatchback more tempting.
- Mechanical powers of the previous GEN model were considered a bit on the lower side for this classy hatchback. So with this update, Ford has the updated the power trains of the new Figo as it is now equipped with the same engines of Aspire sedan delivering some best in class figures.
- The Price of New GEN Figo has been upped by Rs. 20,000-30,000 but still seems affordable and justifiable as the addition of new features are definitely worth to cost more.
- The on-road performance of this car is awesome and worth applauding. During our short spin it pleased us by providing the smoothest riding and handling with gratifying Zest. The bigger engine also helped it to achieve a ton in less than 10 seconds which certainly adds to its plus point.
- The cabin of new Figo is leap ahead of the old generation model. It is now loaded with tons of features like a 4.2 inch screen with Ford MY dock feature, automatic climate control, bone chilling AC while the all black theme with silver accents ups the premium quotient of the car.
- Manufactures tend to neglect the safety aspect in India but Ford has provided such safety features that one would not imagine on a small hatchback. All the variants are equipped with dual front airbags as standard while the top titanium+ variant has six airbags making it the safest car in its segment.
- Despite of bigger engines, soft suspension and crisp gearbox, new Figo still misses that sharp and go kart feeling of the old Gen model.
- All new Ford Figo Sparkles out in equipment segment but where Figo doesn’t impress much is the quality, there are certain areas inside where cost cutting is evident. The feel and quality could have been a bit better.
- The Trendy hatchback is largest and widest in its segment and offers best in class of wheelbase. Still the rear headroom for the taller passengers is a bit dumpy due to the sloping roofline.