Maruti Suzuki is all set to give a new look to their mid-range car Ciaz, which will be out on 20th August 2018. The sales of the car were shifted to Maruti’s Nexa retail channel in 2017 and the new model of the car will continue to be retailed from the premium chain of Maruti showrooms.
It is expected that the updated model will not get a diesel engine, so we expect the prices of the car to be slightly higher than the current model. Check out what new features the Ciaz has:
Engine and variants:
The updated Ciaz will continue with the existing variant lineup: Sigma, Delta, Zeta, and Alpha. The car is powered by new 1.5-litre petrol replacing the 1.4-litre motor.
The transmission options remain unchanged with a standard 5 speed manual along with an optional 4-speed AT. It is important to mention that Ciaz is the only sedan in the segment to offer a comparatively older 4-speed AT.
The new 1.5-litre petrol engine will deliver a certified fuel efficiency of 21.56kmpl. The efficiency of Ciaz automatic has also gone up at 20.28kmpl compared to the previous 19.12Kmpl before.
Some newly added features:
- The new facelift model will come with ESP (electronic stability program), traction control and hill start assist along with the dual-front airbags, ABD with EBD and Isofix child seat anchors as standard safety measures.
- The car gets new auto LED projector headlamps with daytime running LEDs. LED fog lamps will be offered on Zeta and Alpha variant.
- A new shade of grey, ie Magnum Grey. will be introduced.
- From Delta variant onward 15-inch wheels will be offered, while the top model will get 16 inch machined finish wheels.
- Audio systems with Bluetooth and steering mounted controls will be standard on all the lineups starting from the base model itself.
- Other features such as 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto climate control and auto-dimming IRVM will be carried over in all variants.