The month of Festivals October have seen many new and facelifted cars though the growth rate of almost all the manufactures during that period remained like a roller coaster. If one have to choose the most hyped car during last month it has to be Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, which not only created the buzz among the country but also beats segment ruler Honda City in terms of sales during its debut month by quite a healthy margin.
November already saw the launch of new Alto K10 which becomes the cheapest automatic car in India now overtaking Maruti Celerio. Apart from that this month will witness the launch of some powerhouse cars. Let’s start-
1. Rolls Royce Ghost Series II (7th November )– Rolls Royce the luxury car making company launched the facelift or updated version Rolls Royce most selling model Ghost luxury car named as Ghost series II. It is placed at the higher price bracket its current model which is at Rs. 4.5 crores (Ex showroom).
This updated version feature same 6.6L twin turbo V12 engine which able to produce 563BHP power and 780Nm torque mated to 8 speed ZF automatic gearbox. This powerhouse sprints 0-100 km mark in just 4.9 seconds with the top speed of 250 km/hr
Ghost Series II will come with redesigned front fascia with new LED headlamps with unbroken daytime running lights, new waft line, 19 inch wheels and optional 21 inch wheel rims, big air intakes and large grille with chrome inserts. Rear profile of Ghost series gets modified bumper and tail lamps. Ghost Series II cabin will carry the interior changes like upgraded upholstery with leather and alcantara interiors and new infotainment system with 10 inch screen with touchpad controller etc.
2. Ford New Endeavour (13th November)- Ford has teased its Next Gen Everest SUV ahead of its public debut in China and in India it will make its presence in early next year. This Everest based SUV was first showcased in 2014 Bangkok motor show which is developed by Ford Australia for the Asian markets. Price to be between 20-25 lakh bracket depending upon the variant.
By seeing the teaser and image on Ford’s official website the next GEN Endeavour/Everest has come over the boxy old school look to trendy and modernistic styling giving no resemblance whatsoever of current model. Endeavour/Everest will arrive with all new hexagonal grille, headlamps, spare wheel now goes underneath instead of rear mounted one and many more features making it more sort of a sporty SUV. In the cabin it will get 2 touch screen infotainment system with applink connectivity and ford emergency assistance on board.
As far as engine specifications are concerned the SUV is expected to get power from 2.2L 4 cylinder and 3.2L 5 cylinder engines coupled to 6 speed manual and automatic gearboxes and 2 wheel and four wheel drive system.
3. Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Automatic (15th November) – Mitsubishi is planning to expand it Pajero range by launching Pajero Sport automatic variant next week. Recently, Mitsubishi has launched the limited edition of Pajero with dual tone paint finish to attract buyers during the festive season. The AT version to be priced lower than the current top variant of Pajero Sport which is at Rs. 23.50 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.
The Automatic version will continue to get the power from same 2.5L 4 cylinder turbo diesel engine which produces 175.6BHP [email protected] and 400Nm [email protected] coupled with 5 speed manual transmission and 12.8L ARAI certified mileage.
The SUV will receive some changes inside-out like dual tone body paint color, 2 DIN Multimedia system with reverse parking sensor, navigation system, cooled box in the boot etc. Pajero AT will take on Toyota Fortuner, Hyundai Santa Fe and Ford Endeavour.
4. New Mini Cooper (19th November) – BMW owned British company MINI will launch the 3 door and 5 door hatchbacks on 19th November in Mumbai, India. The 3 door model will replace the current going model while the 5 door model is a new model and will make its debut on Indian roads. Price of 3 door and 5 door models will be around Rs.28-32 lakhs ex showroom.
Both the cars will be based on UKL front wheel drive architecture, the 3 door model is now 98mm longer, 7mm taller and 44mm wider than the ongoing model. Wheelbase is also extended by 28mm. The 5 door model is 3982mm long, 1727mm wide and 1425mm tall. Wheelbase and boot capacity of 5 door model are 2567mm and 278 liters respectively.
Both 3 and 5 door coopers to get powers from twin stage turbo 2.0L 4 cylinder developing 189BHP power and 280Nm torque. Mini Coopers will get 1.5 L 3 cylinders which produces 134BHp and 220Nm torque. Mated to six speed manual and six speed steptronic and sports steptronic transmission.
The New MINI will carry changes like LED fog lamps and turn indicators, LED headlamps with adaptive light distribution and 8.8 inch TFT display. MINI 5 Door competitors are Mercedes A class and BMW 1 series while the 3 door model will take on yet to launch Abarth 500.
5. Mercedes Benz New C class (25th November)–
Mercedes India seems on a mission to grab huge amount of market share in India. This year they already launched quite cars like CLA 45 AMG, GLA compact SUV and GLA 45 AMG SUV, the latter one is probably the most powerful SUV till date. Mercedes is now planning to roll out yet another car in the form of new C class on 25th November in price bracket of 38-45 lakhs rivaling Audi A4 and BMW 3 series.
The new C class will be launch in Petrol trim as per now, the C200 petrol will carry the 2.0L petrol engine which churns out 184BHP power and 300Nm torque mated to 7G Tronic automatic transmission. While the Diesel will be launch during the latter part of this year or early next year which will feature 2.2L diesel engine producing 170BHP power and 400Nm torque coupled to 7G automatic gearbox and rear wheel drive system.
New C class also carries some dimensional changes like there is an increase in length of c class by 95mm, reduction in height by 5 mm and increase in boot space by 10 liters. New C Class will have some exterior and interior changes like new LED daytime running headlights, twin slate grille, new dashboard, Pre-safe braking system etc. Petrol variant of C class will imported as CBU unit while Diesel model will be manufactured in India though there is no official confirmation about the latter one.
6. BMW M3 and M4 (26th November)-
After the launch of MINI cooper 3 and 5 door BMW will roll out the M3 and M4 Coupe to priced around 1-1.1 crore ex showroom and they will take on AUDI RS5 and Mercedes C63 AMG. BMW M3 is performance based version of 3 series saloon while M4 is a result of two door variant of M3.
Design wise both the cars are almost identical giving the proper sports car look, both the cars are powered by 3.0L 6 cylinder turbocharged petrol engine which churns out 425BHP power and 550Nm of peak torque sending power to rear wheels and coupled to 7 speed dual clutch transmission. Both these cars sprints 0-100 mark in standstill 4.3 seconds with 250km/hr electronically limited top speed. Compared to BMW’s current cars M3 and M4 are 25% more fuel efficient.
Both the cars can be driven through three modes- Comfort, sport and Sport+ besides that both cars will have electro mechanical steering system which adjust level of assistance according to speed. M3 and M4 will be brought as completely built unit (CBU).