People with big families and low budget can now rejoice, as Tata Motors announces its new MUV in the segment as the New Tata Movus. Based on the same Sumo Grande platform, it might not feel a whole new vehicle in the segment with still the same looks, but a lot has changed otherwise. And that’s why; we bring you an Expert insight of this vehicle on an overall note to let you know about what our experts think about this Grand UV. So, as our main focus this time, let’s get going with our Expert Reviews section to know better of the new Tata Movus.
- Keeping in mind, that it’s an entry level MUV which is going to be associated mostly with families with considerably low budget and commercially, Tata has done the pricing of this, just right.
- Even our experts suggest, that at a price band of around 6.98-7.25 lakhs for two variants i.e. CX and LX, this car seems nearly justified for its tight pricing, for its good size and built.
- Under the hood of this Sumo derived vehicle, is placed a hardworking and experienced enough 2.2 litre 4-Cyl VARICOR diesel engine based on same DOHC platform.
- The same engine powers both the variants at figures of around 118.36bhp and 250Nm for decent performance counts.
- In addition to that, a new Turbocharger, newly added fuel-filter element and boosted fuel filtration system collectively make this engine run smooth, efficiently and for a longer period of time without much hassle about it.
- Transmission for the car yet remains a basic and regular Double Synchromesh with Overdrive, 5+1 MT.
- This car, being a UV focuses mainly on value for each penny spent on it. And in compliance to that, it offers better and valuable quality as a product with low running cost and efficient ownership throughout as our experts say.
- Apart from that, a class challenging 3 years warranty and a mileage figure of around 15.16 KPL were something which looks regular, but which actually means a lot for budget runners.
- Also, being a comfortable carrier, this car offers way too smoother ride to all its passengers with ultra effective and best in class (company claimed) independent double Wishbone suspensions for front and leaf for rear with anti roll bars.
- Also, for better maneuvers and handling, we noticed a very nu-gimmicky yet effective hydraulic Rack-Pinion steering wheel for easy and friction free turns.
- But believing this car to not go tongue-tied over corners will be a big mirage and hence, a fair body roll is there as our experts declared.
- Apart from that, it’s overall tough built and lower kerb weight etc work together to make this car as user friendly as possible, being in budget altogether and made to last long. No fancy stuff.
Space and Dimensions
- This car is huge, with an overall dimension of 4421 x 1780 x 1940 mm for CX and 4421 x 1853 x 1940 mm for LX
- With a long wheelbase of around 2550 mm and total gross weight of 2535 Kg, this car still manages to make a U-turn in just 5.35 m which is an achievement.
- Apart from that, this car not just feels spacious but is roomier inside with a comfortable 7 (with Captain Seat), 8 and 9 seated to choose from according to one’s way.
- As our experts suggest, don’t look to find uber class and luxuriously suave interiors in this MUV which can either disappoint you and instead, can make you feel old-school like a car your dad would have driven.
- Still, with tough and longer lasting black interiors, this car offers-
- Basic power steering
- Tip tap ORVM
- Illuminated ignition key slot
- Adjustable light intensity on IP
- Digital Trip Meter
- Decent Audio system with USB and AUX-In functions.
- Door pockets with bottle holders and niche Door trims
- Mobile holder in central console
- Tilt steering
- Seat upholstery
- Old-School Fabric inserts on door trims
- Apart from that, better cabin comforts are there for longer or shorter drives in full comfort for all the passengers.
- Facially as well, this car remains a clone to the old Sumo Grande with bulgy and bulky looks.
- It has no looks to kill but still, looks and feels tough with grand scale built and stance.
- But a new body graphic decal and styling could not be missed to mention with roof luggage carrier, optional body color bumpers, clear and big headlamp units, side steppers, huge and aggressive front fascia and sporty High mount stop lamps at the rear.
- On the name of safety equipment, don’t expect high end devices like ABS, HAS or ESP etc.
- This car runs on its own safety reliability and works primarily on the primary safety systems only like Anti-Glare internal rear view mirrors, height adjustable seat belts, child lock, high mounted stop lamp, Motorized head lamps adjustment, collapsible steering column CSC+SAC clutch, steering capabilities and a lot of faith on god.
Based on our experience through our experts review on this car, we predict this car is decent for the price range it carries, and if you are not looking for a car you could also use commercially, then rather going for this, you could also go for other and better offerings in the market. This works well for Cab servic
|Comparison of Tata Movus|
|Comparison of Tata Movus variants|