Honda City, the name explains all. The most selling car of Honda has some special qualities in it which automatically attract sedan lovers. Its stunning look, classy features, affordable price and now availability of both fuels, all make this trendy sedan worth to take. Honda’s selling figures have been increased since the time when company brought an all-new City 2014 with diesel unit as well. We tried our hand on this sedan to find out what new it gets.
- Satisfactory price range, almost similar to other same segment models.
- Its price tag varies from 7.4-11.1 lakhs.
- Available in both diesel as well as petrol fuel which is definitely a huge n great success of Honda City.
- New City is powered by 1.5 liter SOHC i-VTEC petrol and 1.5 liter DOHC i-DTEC diesel engines.
- While City petrol develops 117.4bhp of max power and 145Nm of peak torque, City diesel churns out 98.6bhp and higher torque of 200Nm, respectively.
- The respective powers of both the engines looking appropriate and tend to offer a better drivability.
- The transmission gearbox geared-up in City petrol is 5-speed manual and automatic both while on contrary, diesel trim is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox (coz of the higher torque).
- Thanks to this transmission, both the units look good to provide a balanced and proper handling on road.
- City diesel offers b/w 25.1km/l to 26.0km/l while City petrol is responsible for 17.4-17.8 km/l in manual mode and 18km/l in automatic.
- Honda’s this classy sedan has also become best fuel efficient car in diesel trim in its segment by offering 26 km/l of outstanding mileage.
- City petrol already offers very energetic cum balanced ride on road.
- And Diesel trim is a good combo of proper braking and even amazing as well as decent handling.
- Steering wheel is li’l-bit weighted but it helps in control handling of City.
- Developed power of City performs well not only on city roads but on highway as well.
- NVH level has been reduced to make diesel engine smooth and noiseless.
Space & Dimension:
- It carries the length of 4440mm along with the wonderful wheelbase length of 2600mm.
- This long length gives its glimpse an attractive royal look.
- City’s width is 1695mm while height is 1495mm.
- To provide a better driving at rough city roads or speed-breakers, company has designed City with 165mm of clear height.
- Also, it has just awesome car boot capacity of 510 liters.
- Stunning inside cabin made with premium material quality and lots of required and comfort features equipments.
- Spacious cabin with wonderful luggage space, sufficient headroom and legroom.
- Its new adorned sunroof in top-end variant makes it one of the stylish cars in same segment.
- To increase its comfort level, a touch screen infotainment system, an auto AC with touch screen control panel and even touch screen for climate control as well (which is first in segment) have been designed in it.
- Other than this, almost entire line-up of luxury features is available in this model.
- A very eye-catching glimpse with smooth and sharp curves.
- Its refined look, revised bumpers and headlamps gives complement to its stunning glimpse.
- A shark fin antenna has been fixed too on the roof of this trendy car to increase its beauty.
- Overall, a great combination of beauty and mechanics.
- The Honda City gets many important safety features which make this sedan one of the safest models in its segment.
- These features include ABS with EBD, driver n front passenger airbags, Immobilizer anti-theft system etc.
Its Honda’s best selling model which has all capacities to give a tough fight to its rivals. Launching this amazing City with diesel unit is an appealing step which is not only good for its customers but even hikes the sales rate of company too. Honda’s trustworthy image is just another point to buy this sedan. There is not any major drawback which can stop you to buy it.
|Comparison of New Honda City 2014|
|Comparison of New Honda City 2014 variants|