One of the top selling cars of Maruti and automobile industry ‘Swift’ which got a minor tweak last month. This time Maruti added some new features, new body colors and aggressive price range. Swift has been one of the successful cars of the decade but on the other it is in elite list of NCAP failures. Our experts were impressed by the new Swift to some extent and it’s now time to go through the critical analysis of new Swift.
- First and probably the most important point about any car is price and new Swift is competitively priced against the range of cars its top variant costs below 7 lakh which is affordable.
- New Swift Diesel performs decently well, it more mature this time around rather than being aggressive. Gear throws are quite sleek and responsive with superb tuned suspension which makes the ride and handling utterly refined.
- Maruti this time concentrated more on improving fuel efficiency and they have improved the mileage by approx 10%, diesel trim now emits 25.2 KPL mileage which makes new Swift an ultra fuel friendly car.
- When Swift was launched for the first time it got success due to its sporty exterior appearance with decent performance and this time around fascia looks better with new chrome shaded headlamps, muscular design and swept back tail lights.
- New Swift is now more feature rich car with updated fabric upholstery, upgraded music system with bluetooth telephony, 60:40 rear spilt, push start button, automatic climate control etc.
- Another major plus for new Swift is Maruti’s brand name and its reliability, Maruti is known for its excellent sales service. Apart from that Swift is a well renowned car which has achieved over 10 lakh sales mark.
- One of the major problem entire Swift series has a space problem especially the rear space which is best suited only for 2 adults, third occupant might find hard to adjust in tiny space left by the other two, apart from that Boot space is also on the lower side.
- The difference between the new Swift and the old gen Swift is very hard to find as there is hell lot of similarity between the two, Maruti has played the safe game by keeping the overall image of Swift as it is, more changes should have been introduce by Maruti at least one can feel that they bought a new Swift.
- When you drive new Swift you will be annoyed to meet the same problem again i.e. NVH levels especially in diesel Swift due to thinner window glasses or may due to uneven panel gaps. NVH levels are quite low than the previous GEN Swift but they do exist in new Swift also which might cause irritation while driving.
|Comparison of Maruti Suzuki Swift|
|Comparison of Maruti Suzuki Swift variants|