Maruti Suzuki the largest car manufacturer is lagging behind in C+ sedan segment with not so appreciable sales figure of Sx4 as other cars of this segment setting benchmarks. So Maruti decided to arrive with more bigger and better designed car ‘Ciaz’ with attractive price brackets. Our experts has given their reviews about it and now it’s time critically analysis of positive and negatives of newly arrived Ciaz.
- Ciaz is prime example of innovative engineering brain; Maruti has put lot of effort in its design and looks which as a result pleases many.
- Price is the foremost criteria especially for Indian car buyers, hence Maruti positioned Ciaz’s initial price at minimal among the competitors. So it can attract as many buyers.
- Another advantage Ciaz has over its competitors which is one of main concern for buyers is fuel efficiency of car, Ciaz delivers such excellent figures of 26.21 KPL and 20.73 KPL for diesel and Petrol respectively which makes it a first choice for buyers in this section.
- Ciaz is replacing SX4 which was known for its infamy in interiors and equipment department, Maruti seems to concentrate on that department too with additions like 7” touchscreen infotainment, navigation, keyless entry etc.
- 510 liters of boot space brings Ciaz among the top spacious car along with Honda city which makes it a mega spacious car.
- Maruti’s sales service and big dealer network act as an extra advantage for scintillating Ciaz.
- Ride quality of Petrol Ciaz is not up to the mark especially when compared it with Honda city and New Vento.
- Ciaz is very rigid when comes to driving through corners, its body roll somehow stops it taking sharp turns
- Build quality is an important aspect for any car, Ciaz is light weighted which is good and bad as well because it lacks solidity especially against Verna and new Vento.
- Performance of Diesel is just about par not as good as new Vento, Rapid and Benchmark setter Hyundai Verna.
- Looks of Ciaz is pleasing but might not attract everyone especially first time buyers of Maruti. In this section Verna looks prominent of all followed by Honda City muscular design.
- Ciaz has another con in the form of noisiness of cabin during high speeds and things like City similar rear design, average ride quality just adds to the negative side of Ciaz.
Ciaz is certainly a better design car from ongoing Maruti cars and fuel efficiency is also great but performance wise it lags behind on certain aspects from Segment rulers like City and Verna.
|Comparison of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz|
|Comparison of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz variants|