The MPV section is getting popular day by day with car manufactures targeting this section specifically. Mahindra was a prime player with Bolero until Innova arrived which certainly dented the sales of Bolero. In recent times, Maruti Ertiga and latest sensation Honda Mobilio is certainly eyeing that top spot. Mahindra Xylo is an old player in this segment which got a recent update in interior and exterior profile. Our experts have already laid their views on Mahindra Xylo, So it’s time to see the pros and cons of Xylo which will surely help to go for the car or not.
- When there are so many options available in same segment with similar performance and output than a buyer firstly look towards the price element and in this criterion Xylo fits in perfectly with aggressive price range.
- Second most admiring thing about Xylo is its space, Innova, Ertiga and Mobilio all three cars faces problem in rear space but Xylo is way spacious than all these cars thanks to its huge size and bigger dimensions.
- Mahindra Xylo another good area is its decent engine performance; it is fast, peppy and sound. In terms of acceleration speed and mileage it is better than segment dominator Innova.
- Maintenance cost of Xylo is minimal and pocket friendly, even spare parts are easily available as well, that’s a big advantage for Xylo.
- Xylo gets refreshed in the latest updation which is better than its previous version but still looks unconventional, Innova and Mobilio are way better looking car than Xylo.
- Safety features are very restricted as compared to its competitors, more safety features should have been added to compliment the rigid the body roll of Xylo.
- As we all are familiar about the conditions of Indian roads which are full of potholes and bumpiness, to tackle with the problem ground clearance should be sufficient but Xylo’s 186mm ground clearance is not doing justice with it.
- Interior design of could be the deciding factor for any car, Xylo might be upgraded in this segment but cannot match the class of Innova and Mobilio. The biggest drawback in this segment is the quality of plastic which is way too basic and simple.
- Another drawback in Xylo is its handling and gearbox, Steering wheel too heavy and handling is also questionable at lower speeds.
- Xylo is a big and wide car which is good from safety point of view but it becomes a problem for Xylo when it comes to smaller city roads.
Mahindra Xylo is certainly a good car but in patches, Price, performance is its plus points and Average interiors, handling are negative ones. In the current scenario Mobilio is ruling the roads and this segment so it will be tuff going for Xylo to gain the healthy market share.
|Comparison of Mahindra Xylo|
|Comparison of Mahindra Xylo variants|