The new Linea is a sedan car offered by Fiat brand and running quite successfully here for a long time since its first launch. Well, now company has launched its updated version in the market to give a life in ageing predecessor Linea. We tried our hand on this new yet quite similar-to-previous-one model and find it a really deserving competitor in India for same segment, let’s have a deep look.
- Offers good value for money.
- Linea petrol available at 6.99-9.01 lakhs while Linea diesel at 8.15-9.72 lakhs.
- Diesel and petrol both fuel units available.
- Powerful 1.4 liter turbo petrol and 1.3 liter diesel produced impressive n suitable power and torque.
- Linea was the very first model in same segment to get turbo petrol, now VW Vento has it too, though.
- Still, transmission is just a 5-speed manual in both petrol and diesel trims, we were expecting automatic version too at least with its petrol mill like other same segment rivals.
- Mileage figures are satisfactory.
- Linea is one of the best performing models in car market, especially its petrol variant.
- Fiat’s this sedan offers smooth ride and an amazing on-road handling.
- While turbocharged petrol engine does its best by offering a fun ride, diesel version also is vibration less and obviously provides a better fuel economy.
- Steering wheel is light and assists properly in balanced handling.
- Overall, a really deserving competitor to its rivals.
Space & Dimension:
- Fiat has increased the length of this trendy sedan which is making it slightly more spacious now.
- There is sufficient space at inside cabin for holding your small belongings etc, but legroom and headroom seems li’l bit cramped.
- 500 liters of luggage capacity is so much impressive and comparatively better.
- Company has refreshed the interior of its classy sedan by adding features like new dashboard, cruise control, new audio system and many more.
- The inside cabin is now looking smarter and premium than before.
- Though, its exterior profile has not gained much change but just a touch-up has been done there.
- Still, the sedan already has an attractive glimpse and looks refined and cool.
- Company has provided an assuring safety by equipping features like ABS (anti-lock braking system), dual airbags at front with early crash sensors, central door locking etc.
Fiat has done a great job by launching Linea 2014, though there are not much changes in it than predecessor but still it’s now have a new year look which will definitely give its sale a hike. Further, its performance has already thrilled its customers and price is also quite competitive. So overall it’s a good package. Though, it has a really tough competition in market in the form of Honda City, Hyundai Verna etc.