Nissan has revived one old global brand Datsun in India, the strategy after Nissan’s this step is said to be the increment of company’s network in country by introducing other brands. Talking about Datsun, it seems like it is planning to focus on primary market of Indian automobile industry first that’s why it has made its debut with a hatchback model namely GO. We tried our hand on this classy new model; the GO is kind of a suitable small car for daily purpose within affordable budget. Here is the description of what we experience after sitting in it.
- Company has won half battle here by offering this hatch in much affordable price range.
- The price tag between 3.12-3.70 lakhs seems justified and makes this car one of the demanded ones.
- The GO is even cheaper than most of the other top list same segment rivals.
- The new Datsun’s hatch shares the engine of Nissan Micra which is a 1198cc, 1.2 liter petrol unit.
- But GO’s fuel unit develops less power of 67.07bhp than Micra, probably to produce better fuel economy. The peak torque of GO is 104Nm.
- Additionally, the engine of GO is geared up with a 5-speed manual transmission gearbox.
- As far as fuel efficiency is concerned, the car offers an impressive ARAI certified mileage figures of 20.63 km/l, quite perfect when there is a petrol engine.
- Datsun’s this hatch can achieve 0-100 km/h in mere 13.3 seconds with the top speed of around 120km/h which seems quite quick n appropriate as per its small size.
- The ride is decent and it also offers a well balanced drivability on road.
- Thanks to its electronic power steering which is not much light weighted but still offers a suitable and comfortable ride in not only on highways but on city roads as well.
- Though, the engine is bit noisy at low speed sometime which can irritate its users.
- Safety wise, it has almost nothing as ABS, airbags etc except for ‘follow me headlamps’ which is being equipped very first time in any car of same segment.
Space & Dimension:
- Datsun has done a fantabulous job in inside cabin by providing the car a lot of space.
- It carries appropriate dimension which provides this five-seater hatchback sufficient legroom and headroom along with satisfactory luggage capacity of 265 liters.
- Company also has tried to increase its space by moving the emergency brake from left hand side to the front which now making the vacant space between driver and co-passenger’s seat.
- This above mentioned space is suitable for a child to sit if needed, but an adult can’t adjust comfortably there.
- Inside cabin of GO seems classy and full of required interior features. The speed sensitive power steering, central locking, power windows, speakers at front, manual AC are some main equipments from the features list of GO’s top end variant.
- As a new experiment, company has introduced a mobile docking station to hold your mobile with USB n Aux-In portability.
- But this mobile docking is being replaced in the place of audio system which can also be look as a part of cost cutting features.
- Otherwise, the GO is spacious and contains several accessories packages as optional from which customers can buy any by paying extra money along with cost of GO.
- The outside glimpse of GO looks cool n trendy and gives a tough fight to its rivals.
- Its attractive shape with well-defined curve and availability of attractive colors like Sky blue make it worth to take.
If we ignore the fact that GO gets nothing by the company on the name of safety features not even as optional in offered accessories packages, only then GO seems a good opt for those customers who want to buy their daily based vehicle with min. budget.
|Comparison of Nissan Datsun GO|
|Comparison of Nissan Datsun GO variants|