Sedan Segment is getting competitive day by day with introduction of new cars and facelift versions of existing cars. We think facelift word has become most abused nowadays, company launch its product as a facelift with minor changes only. Sedan segment is the most likeable segment as well by the people but sedan has to fulfill some certain standards let’s see sail sedan fulfills it or not.
- Sail USP is its price range; sail comes at very affordable price range of 5-7 lakh which is at par with its competitors like Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent and Maruti Dzire.
- Diesel variant of Sail sedan returns proficient mileage of 22.1 KPL which is satisfying and comforts your pocket.
- Ride quality of sail sedan is impressive with good support by McPherson struts and twist axle suspension.
- Most impressive point about sail is its spacious cabin; rear occupants can get ample legroom, headroom and shoulder space.
- Sail has been criticized for high NVH levels and harshness in diesel engine, A/c vents etc, unfortunately same story is repeated in sail facelift as well.
- Sail design is good in patches which will not please everyone front side is good but rear side apart from tail lights look basic and lag behind Honda Amaze.
- Lack of features puts Sail it in a last position among its competitors, Amaze, Hyundai Xcent and Dzire has better and long feature list than Sail Sedan.
- When it comes to mature ride and handling sail falls a bit from benchmark setter Dzire and new entrant Honda Amaze. Sail is uneasy at corners and steering wheel response is rigid not swift.
- Sail offers 370 liters of boot space which is not bad but when we compare it with Amaze’s 400 and Dzire’s 390 liters it looks small a bit.
- Reliability and durability comes into question when it comes to Chevrolet cars, Sail is competing with well renowned brand like Maruti, Hyundai etc.
Sail sedan is a good car with attractive price range, but when it comes to mature ride quality and trustworthiness of brand it falls behind from well established brands like Maruti and Hyundai.
|Comparison of Chevrolet Sail|
|Comparison of Chevrolet Sail variants|