Chevrolet has launched Sail hatchback and Sail sedan on the same day with some minor add-ons in interior department. Chevrolet has removed the U-VA badge from Sail and renamed as Sail Hatchback. Sail hatchback has been criticized for various things but the changes bring by Chevrolet can turn the table for Sail hatchback? Let’s look what renamed hatchback has in store for us.
- When we test drive the Sail hatchback it surprises us with its smooth riding quality on bumpy roads and ride quality gets even better during high speeds.
- Fuel efficiency of both the trims is at par among the competitors, Sail hatchback stands in between Swift and Grand i10 in fuel efficiency criteria, but it is better than Ford Figo in both the departments.
- Outer appearance act as a major advantage for sail hatchback especially the front side which gets minor tweaks like circular fog lamps and bezel finish headlights.
- Spacious rear seat space can even shame some of the sedan segment cars; even for 6 footers legroom and headroom space is not issue.
- Comfort features in Sail hatchback are not adequate like 2 DIN music system is available in top variants, no climate control etc and when we compare it to cars like grand i10 and Swift; the feature list of Sail seems too small.
- The quality of plastic used in cabin is not of high class and cost cutting is clearly evident in interiors like no fabric covering on doors side.
- Steering wheel looks basic and absence of mounted controls just adds to negative aspect of it. Apart from it steering wheel shakes when car driven to higher speeds.
- Rear side of Sail looks outdated it lacks modernity of hatchback, Swift and Grand i10 looks better in this department.
- Scary after sales service of Chevrolet could spoil the overall decent package of Sail hatchback which needs to improve drastically.
- Chevrolet sail hatchback is facing a fierce competition from Hyundai Grand i10, Maruti Swift which is known for its durability and reliability which Chevrolet cars certainly lack.
Sail hatchback offers mature ride quality with attractive price range but its external appearance and limited feature list spoils it altogether. Why would people go for a simple looking car when attractive and better alternatives are available in the market at same price bracket? Chevrolet also has to work on their sales services.
|Comparison of Chevrolet Sail Hatchback (U-VA)|
|Comparison of Chevrolet Sail Hatchback (U-VA) variants|