BMW, the German luxury car maker always surprises its admirers by bringing many top-class luxurious models in several segments like sedan, coupe etc and this new 3-series GT is not any exception in that. This classy 3-series Gran Turismo sedan was recently displayed at 12th Auto Expo and later launched by company in India on 16th March of this year. This car was being awaited since long and when it has hit the floor, we tried our hand on this luxury beauty and find it a great combination of sporty driving dynamics and its utility. Let’s have a deep look.
- Available at competitive price tag as per its standard.
- By having only variant, one can avail it at 42.75 lakhs.
- Uses a 2.0 liter diesel engine under the hood developing max power n torque of 184bhp and 380Nm respectively.
- The 8-speed automatic transmission always seems in action but doesn’t let the car make noise.
- Quite fuel efficient, thanks to its Efficient Dynamics package.
- Lighter steering wheel than predecessor and uses hydraulic assist to give decent feedback in handling.
- Comfortable ride quality especially in its sport mode at highways.
- Not as much stiff suspension system as the model it replaces, this new suspension setup helps the car in driving decently on road.
Space & Dimension:
- The new 3-series GT is longer and wider than the ongoing 3-series sedan.
- Better and sufficient legroom as well as headroom at rear seats.
- The sedan has wonderful car boot of 520 liters which also has tendency to give a cargo type room of 1600 liters by folding down the rear seats.
- Though, we can’t put 3-series in an actual luxury sedan category but it is a compact sports sedan which has a luxury touch for sure by justifying the badge of BMW.
- Comfortable inside cabin gives a premium feel after sitting in it.
- Highly rich in interior and comfort equipments.
- One of the smartest luxury sedans in India.
- Carries a dashing and full of attitude glimpse at outside which normally makes it different from the BMW’s other ongoing models.
- Soberly and elegantly designed exterior features like its tail gates, fog lamps with brushed metal accents etc.
- Availability of ABS, dynamic stability control (DSC), cornering brake control (CBC), dynamic traction control, intelligent airbag system etc make the car safe and secure at the driving of driving.
With this 3-series GT, BMW has offered a sporty sedan to its admirers which seems really a nice move to increase the sales figures. Apart from one-two points, it gets everything of top-notch quality which suits with its price, segment and style. We undoubtedly recommend it over the ongoing 3-series sedan of BMW.
|Comparison of BMW 3 Series GT|
|Comparison of BMW 3 Series GT variants|