The Stylish and comfy executive sedan by Volkswagen is back with some more equipment and cosmetic changes. The previous model was itself an elegant car in terms of performance, quality and timeless design, new one seems better. We have already tried our hands on this classic yet trendy sedan and it is unusual that even experts can’t find much faults in the car but this is the case with new Jetta. Now let’s have a quick spin on what our critics thinks about it.
- New Volkswagen Jetta remains mechanically unaltered which means ride and driving dynamics are pretty much same as before. The company is still offering 1.4L TSI petrol and 2.0L TDI diesel engines. Both the units are Revv happy and ride quality of Jetta has always been its strength.
- Next good point about new Jetta is its modest styling which got further enhanced after this update, the front nose looks up market with Bi-xenon headlights with LED strips in L shape, new radiator grille and angular fog lamps.
- Rear side get the most prominent changes which bear a resemblance to an Audi now; changes have been made to tail gate to compliment new LED tail lights and bumper. Rear bumper also gets revised line and it is a body color affair now.
- Volkswagen Jetta sits high on its rivals that seems to have good balance between quality and safety due to its stout build and safety features such as six airbags, ABS, EBD, fatigue detection system and many more.
- Quality of interior of new Jetta offers high level of premium feel despite of minimal changes; Volkswagen has maintained the originality of last gen model in spite of number of upgrades.
- New Jetta offers more space than previous model, legroom and headroom space is good enough for rear passengers. 510 liters of Boot capacity is also impressive.
- Inclusion of more powerful 1.8L TSI engine could be a better option which is offered on its Czech sibling, Skoda Octavia.
- As per the competition and its price, features like leather seats, sunroof and automatic transmission on petrol variants are highly missed.
- In the cabin, changes are very minimal and the dashboard now looks dated as compared to the competitors.