World’s no.1 carmaker, Toyota has recently updated its top seller Innova in India with new nomenclature called Innova Crysta carrying a premium price range of Rs.13.83 lakh to 20.77 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai). Launched with two new diesel engine choices- 2.4l GD and 2.8 L GD is all set to receive a powerhouse petrol engine soon. The Delhi NCR and Kerala regions are affected with ban on the registrations of 2000cc above diesel engines and it is likely to extend to more cities. So with the uncertain future of diesel powered cars several carmakers are heading towards the petrol powered variants.
The Japanese brand has started accepting bookings for the petrol Innova Crysta at a token amount of Rs. 1 lakh while deliveries will commence from next month. The brand hasn’t disclosed the prices but petrol variants are expected to be priced Rs. 60,000 lower than the diesel counterparts. The Petrol Crysta will be available in three variants G, V and Z, the base G will have 7 as well as 8 seating configuration while rest two V and Z offers only 7 seating layout.
The MPV will get 2.7l 4-cylinder Petrol mill dubbed as 2TR-EE that develops 166bhp of max power and 245Nm of torque, the India spec model produces 8bhp more power thanks to Dual VVTi technology. The engine will be either mated to 6-speed automatic or 5-speed manual gearbox.
Here is the variant wise feature analysis of Toyota Innova Crysta.
- No touchscreen system instead gets a basic audio system with four speakers
- Seven or eight seats option
- Three airbags as standard
- 16 inch multi-spoke alloy wheels
- Automatic projector headlamps with LED DRLs
- 7” touchscreen infotainment system with six speaker Audio
- 16 inch alloy wheels
- Only Seven seats
- Auto up-down feature for all windows
- Front fog lamps
- Keyless entry and Go
- Touchscreen system with navigation
- Plush premium leather seats with seven seat configuration
- Hill Start assist with Stability control
- Seven airbags with vehicle stability control
- No manual transmission only six speed automatic transmission
- 17 inch alloy wheels with 215/55 tyres
- Multi way electric adjustability for driver seat
- Cruise control and Automatic climate control
- LED ambient mood lighting
The MPV has already garnered over 30, 000 bookings with waiting period stands at three months. Adding up, last month company sold 8191 units of Innova Crysta which makes it the best seller in the UV segment.
|Comparison of Toyota Innova Crysta|
|Comparison of Toyota Innova Crysta variants|