Skoda launched back to back cars in same month to cash in the festive season, first New Yeti and Now new Rapid. New Rapid will carry the legacy of Rapid with new diesel engine, automatic transmission and improved efficiency. Overall Rapid has been a good car, Can new Rapid do justice with expectation it carries or not? So, we are here to give you an outlook about the high and lows of new Rapid.
- New Skoda Rapid now gets a new design addition in the form of black package which includes black alloy wheels, black front grille, headlamps, black roof, black ORVM’s which is a great introduction by Skoda.
- Skoda Rapid is a very well build car with muscular and fine finished body structure which just adds up to its safety element.
- New Rapid now has 1.5L TDI diesel in place of 1.6L engine which performs as per expectation with 250nm torque and good suspension system it execute decently on potholed roads.
- Skoda Rapid is the only car after Verna to get an automatic transmission but rapid’s DSG gearbox is certainly best among the two, newly arrived Ciaz also has an automatic transmission but it is 4 speed AT.
- Ride and handling wise new Rapid is among the best performers which very smooth through corners. Rapid has two modes D (normal Drive) and Sport, the latter one you will like it more and you don’t need to slow down during potholes.
- Performance of Petrol engine is not as brilliant as diesel box, the engine makes noise at high speeds and it is not smooth like the diesel.
- Fuel efficiency of Petrol and Diesel engines are 15 and 21 KPL which is low in comparison with its competitor cars like Honda City, Verna and Ciaz. Ciaz is the most efficient among all with 26.21 KPL and 20.73 KPL mileages.
- The D drive mode is bit slow-moving, even overtaking another car will make you to be on pins and needles which also dents the fuel efficiency.
- Rear space is bit of concern for rear passengers though it is made for 5 persons but it easily fits only 4 and A/C vents hinders more space.
- Exterior is similar to the ongoing model and black package will cost you some extra bucks, Skoda should have made black package as standard not optional.
- Last but not least Skoda after sales service which is the scariest point about Skoda, though it getting better but at the slow pace.
New Skoda Rapid is certainly a power house car in terms of ride quality and performance but sales service and similar design goes on the negative side for new Rapid.
|Comparison of Skoda Rapid|
|Comparison of Skoda Rapid variants|