Renault Duster is one of the most popular SUV in Indian market since its arrival in 2012, however stiff competition by Ford Eco Sport made the French car maker to launch AWD version of Duster last year and recently it introduced Duster with more comfort and safety features. It seems the French automaker is not going to stop here as Renault has launched new Duster in Brazil and expected to hit Indian shores by the end of 2015 or early 2016.
The new Duster has been snapped at various dealerships in Brazil and photos reveals number of refresh changes at both outside and inside.
- New Twin Slat grille with glossy black finish
- New headlamps divided into three segment
- Front Skid plates in aluminum shade
- Revised air dam
- New aluminum roof rails
- Flamboyant LED tail lights
Interior add-ons and changes:
- New central console with Glossy black touch
- New Black-brown upholstery for seats
- A/C vents encircled by brown bezel color
- Same Touchscreen unit but with updated media, satellite Navigation, bluetooth, AUX-in and USB connectivity options
- New Steering wheel
In international markets Duster is available with 1.6L and 2.0L petrol engines paired to manual or automatic gearboxes and all wheel drive. But for Indian market expected no mechanical change though an automatic variant could be introduced.
Indian version of Duster now looks a bit dated now and it needs a major facelift, so it should be on the cards in near future. Renault India has been playing a safe game by constantly updating this SUV with minor updates but it now needs a major facelift to battle with upcoming competition.
|Comparison of New Renault Duster|
|Comparison of New Renault Duster variants|