In the crowd of Indian Automobile Industry when there is already a bulk of hatchback models available by various brands, one more has knocked the door with few surprise packets. This trendy hatchback has been offered by India’s one of the most reliable brand Maruti Suzuki and named as Celerio. The Celerio made its debut at recently held 12th Auto Expo and being appreciated by a large no. of customers since then. As a result, company has also received exciting figures of bookings just in two weeks.
We took its test drive and found that it has few really applauding qualities which make this hatchback different in good way than other. Let’s have a brief look.
- It’s a model for common people who wants to own their car with minimum budget and also for their daily purpose.
- The Celerio comes with price tags of 3.7 lakhs to 4.7 lakhs.
- Celerio has powerful engine as per its small size.
- It gets 998cc, 1.0 liter K-Next petrol unit churning out the max power & torque of 67.1bhp and 90Nm.
- The bonus point of Celerio is the presence of automatic gearbox along with the manual, which has been designed at very first time in any hatchback of this price range.
- Also, Celerio offers a very impressive mileage figure of 23.1 km/l (ARAI certified) which is too best in same segment.
- But on road, the fuel efficiency reaches only up to 18 km/l (approx).
- Better drivability and balanced handling.
- Engine becomes slightly heavier and starts to make noise in Auto gear but runs smoothly in manual.
- Light steering wheel which assists in its proper handling not only on highway but in city roads as well.
Space & Dimension:
- Celerio has spacious cabin but luggage storage of 235 liters could be better too.
- Alike every other hatchback, it also offers seating capacity for five passengers.
- Space and dimension wise, it is almost similar of company’s other hatchback Alto.
- Being a new model, comparatively better interior designing and technology are used in this.
- Its interiors are made with not-so good material quality but it seems common now in Maruti Suzuki’s every model.
- The entire requisite features mark their presence in this trendy Celerio like audio control mounted power steering, 2-DIN audio system, Bluetooth, USB, Aux-In, Central locking, Keyless entry etc.
- Nothing new can be seen at its outside, seems like copy of another hatchback Alto with few ups and downs.
- Still, it has a trendy look which suits perfectly on a daily-purpose based car.
- Most essential features like ABS and airbags are present in this small car which is clearly a bonus point.
- These are only fixed in its top-end variant as optional features though.
- There are many other same segment cars in car market like Celerio with almost same price ranges as well.
- The thing or feature which make this car different n better is its auto transmission which is missing in others.
- Though, company still needs to work on its performance in automated variant but its appreciable as a starting step.
- We expect Celerio diesel too in future.
|Comparison of Maruti Suzuki Celerio|
|Comparison of Maruti Suzuki Celerio variants|