Filter Search By...
Car Compare
Home News and StoriesMahindra launches 2015 Thar CRDe in India at Rs. 8.03 Lakh

Mahindra launches 2015 Thar CRDe in India at Rs. 8.03 Lakh

Mahindra Thar@ 4.75 - 8.03 Lakhs
View Gallery

India’s chief SUV maker Mahindra has launched the much awaited off roader Thar SUV in India at a price tag of Rs. 8.03 lakh (ex-showroom Nasik). Though, the Thar facelift would cost you at Rs. 8.25 lakh in Delhi (ex-showroom). The updated variant is only available only on the top-end CRDe trim, not on the DI. According to company, the DI variant is generating good numbers and doesn’t need these changes as the features justify the price tag.

Mahindra Thar was launched in December 2010 and the facelift comes after almost five years since its advent. Numerous exterior upgrades and interior add-ons are the highlights of 2015 Thar. Mahindra claims that the new Thar is much improved one and the shortcomings have been removed.

The new model retains the iconic silhouette of the classic jeep while getting some delicate changes like new front and rear plastic bumpers in place of metal ones, clear lens headlamps to improve visibility; muscular wheel arches with black cladding, new meatier side footsteps and redesigned canopy.

The interiors have been worked upon to make new Thar classier than ever from the inside. The facelift version gets a new black beige dashboard with silver finish AC vents, bolero inspired steering wheel with silver accents, new 3-Pod driver instrument cluster with chrome bezels and redesigned AC controls.

Additionally, the 2015 Thar CRDe also boasts new lockable glove box, new windshield demister, new gear lever with faux leather cover, new floor console with cup holders, new 12V power socket near the handbrake, door trims with armrest, cup holders for rear passengers, wider seats and there is a provision of 2DIN audio system in the central console that is embedded with ‘THAR’ lettering.

The 2015 Thar CRDe is powered by a 2.5L NEF TCI diesel engine producing 105bhp [email protected] and 247Nm of peak torque between 1800-2000rpm paired t o a five speed manual gearbox. The SUV is now available in 2WD and AWD versions and sports a rear differential lock as per enthusiasts demand which enhances its off road abilities.

The homegrown automajor M&M sells around 10,000 units a year of this rugged SUV, out of which 70% are Di variant while remaining 30 percent comes from CRDe. With these changes, Mahindra is expecting to increase the demand of CRDe variant. Though the overall package may not have the wow factor but still it remains a capable off roader SUV.

Speaking at the launch, Mr. Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive, (Automotive) Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, said, “Since its launch, the Thar has been the face of our tough and rugged DNA, a continuation of our legacy and what Mahindra stands for. Today as we launch the new avatar of this ever popular off-roader, the effort has been to enhance the appeal of a brand that is already a cult. Increasingly consumers are looking for a different lifestyle as they seek an adventure and fun experience and the Thar is the perfect companion for such thrill seekers. I am confident that in its new avatar, the Thar CRDe will not only continue to be ever popular among off-road enthusiasts but significantly widen its appeal amongst a whole new set of consumers.”

Also See
Brand Model
Related Articles
Photo Gallery
Car Variants
Comparison of Mahindra Thar
Comparison of Mahindra Thar variants
  • Scroll To Top