The entry level sedan segment is hotting up like never before thanks to the recently launched Ford Figo Aspire. The market has Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Honda Amaze and Tata Zest battling out with each other in a bid to dominate the segment. Figo Aspire is the fifth entrant in the segment and comes with an extensive list of segment first features like diesel automatic, six airbags, dual airbags as standard etc. With long tail of USPs, Aspire wants to crack the segment with large chunk of sales which is currently held by Dzire. In the first month of its launch it managed to grab the second spot in the segment dethroning Amaze and Xcent with ease while falling well behind from Maruti Dzire.
But how good is the Figo Aspire? Well our experts had a short spin of Figo Aspire and they liked the overall packaging. In the critic review segment we will be finding the Pros and Cons of the car, so without further ado let’s have a glance at it.
- Let us start with design first which is perhaps the strongest point of Aspire; its Aston Martin inspired front fascia looks very stylish and make it the most handsome looking sedan in its segment.
- The Sporty aesthetic gets well admired by long list of goodies like My Ford Dock and SYNC with voice recognition and MAPMY India, automatic climate control, piano black central console and leather upholstery (segment first).
- With the measurements of 3995mm length, 1695mm width and 1525mm height along with class leading wheelbase of 2491mm, Figo Aspire offers a practical cabin space. It is filled with generous amount of legroom and shoulder space along with plenty of spaces to keep your odds and ends.
- The 1.5 litre TDCi diesel engine delivers almost similar power to Amaze and highest torque in the segment with class leading fuel economy of 25.8 KMPL (ARAI certified). The refinement levels are pretty good at par with the competition and it is one of best handling cars in the segment.
- In India, almost every car manufacture neglects the safety aspect in their cars but Ford tried to change it other way around. The American auto giant has provided dual airbags as standard across all variants while offering a total of six airbags on the top end variant which is praiseworthy. Beside six airbags, it comes loaded with ABS, EBD, ESP, TCS, hill start assist and many more.
- Ford has ticked the right boxes with the pricing of Figo Aspire making it value for money aspirant among the competitors.
- The Aspire offers a decent boot space of 359 liters which is larger than Dzire but falls short by almost 40 liters against Amaze and Xcent’s 400 liters.
- The 1.2l Petrol engine has an average mid range performance and it is among the slowest compact sedans in the segment. The competition has more sound and performance oriented engines.
- Another drawback in Aspire is the puny 14 inches wheels which certainly looks small for such a big car.
|Comparison of Ford Figo Aspire|
|Comparison of Ford Figo Aspire variants|