The Ford Figo Aspire is the next big launch in the fastest growing compact sedan segment which already has some serious competitions in the form of Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze and Hyundai Xcent. Confirmed for the launch in early August 2015 is all set to heat up the competition and it can be booked at company’s dealership at a booking amount of Rs. 50,000. The Figo Aspire is a sub 4 metre sedan based on Ford’s upcoming second generation Figo hatchback. While the official launch date is not available yet, the details on engine, features have been revealed. Here is what you need to know-
Let’s start with the power trains, Figo Aspire to be offered in three engines:-
- Petrol variants will be powered by a 1.2L four-cylinder TiVCT petrol engine rated to deliver 86.8bhp power and 112Nm of torque. The engine sends power to front wheels via a 5-speed manual gearbox and the mileage claim by this variant is 18.2 KMPL.
- There is a bigger 1.5L TiVCT four-cylinder petrol unit that produces 110bhp of max power and 136Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a segment first six speed automatic dual clutch transmission (DCT) and delivers 17KMPL of ARAI certified mileage.
- On the contrary, the power for diesel variants comes from a 1.5L TDCI Duratorq mill that has been pumped up to produce 98bhp power and 215Nm of torque as compared to fiesta’s 91PS. The engine is available with a five speed manual transmission and produces an ARAI certified mileage of 25.83 KMPL.
The Figo Aspire is 3995mm long, 1695mm wide, 1525mm and has a wheelbase of 2491mm. The boot space stands at 390 liters while the fuel tank capacity for petrol and diesel variants are 42 liters and 40 liters respectively. The vehicle gets a turning radius of 4.9 metres and ground clearance of 174mm.
Features and Variants:
The Figo Aspire to come in four variants- Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium plus.
- Aspire Ambiente- The base of variant to come with features including manual AC, auto lock door, tilt steering, electric boot release button, 12V front power socket, MID with distance to empty, door ajar warning, low fuel warning, dual tone dashboard, adjustable front-rear headrests and driver side power windows. The base variant will sport Chrome bezel head lamps, OVRMs with black matte finish, body color front and rear bumper. No front- rear fog lamps for this variant. In terms of safety you get dual airbags, engine immobilizer, keyless entry etc.
- Aspire Trend: In addition to the features available on Ambiente trim, the mid variant comes with some additional equipments such as a music system with AUX-in, bluetooth and USB connectivity, steering with audio controls, MY ford mobile dock station, rear seat armrest, electrically adjustable body colored ORVMs with turn blinkers, Aston martin inspired front chrome grille and front fog lamps.
- Aspire Titanium: This variant comes with all the features and equipments of Ambiente and Trend along with some additional features like automatic climate control, height adjustable front seats with driver seat belt reminder function, same audio system of trend variant. Safety wise, it get electronic brake force distribution (EBD), Anti-lock braking system (ABS), dual airbags, Hill launch assist (only with AT), traction control system (TCS), electronic stability program (ESP) and perimeter alarm.
- Aspire Titanium plus: The top variant of the compact sedan is equipped with all the features of above mentioned variants. Additionally, it boasts a 4.2” MFD screen, Ford my key, leather upholstery and Ford SYNC with voice control and app-link feature. It gets six airbags, ABS with EBD and emergency assistance.
The sub 4 metre compact sedan is available in six colors- Tuxedo Black, Sparkling Gold, Rubby Red, Oxford White, Deep Impact Blue, Smoke Grey and Ingot Silver.
Expect Ford Aspire to be competitively priced in the bracket of Rs. 5-7.5 lakh (ex-showroom).