The rugged and sporty SUV by Ford, Endeavour is back again with all new design, next GEN interiors and advanced tech goodies. Though, the predecessor model already was an appealing model on the terms of price, road performance and looks, new one seems better. Among the range of sedans, hatchbacks, Endeavour was able to make name for itself due to all around package but after the launch of Toyota Fortuner the sales volumes started to go west for the Ford. Despite getting an update in 2009, Ford was not able to lift the sales of Endeavour, so now the American carmaker has decided to give it a complete makeover. We have already tried our hand on this new brawny SUV and find it on level next than before. Let’s have a critic look.
- Its performance is really a game changer coz it delivers an awesome ride quality and impressive drivability, both 2.2 & 3.2 litre engines offer sheer power delivery and its beast torque allow it to move with even least push on the throttle.
- The USP of new Endeavour is probably its price range (Rs.23.63-28.15 lakhs) which not makes its value for money SUV but also gives a rub shoulder fight to its rivals in the segment.
- The SUV just doesn’t look muscular but also it feels solid from both outside and inside which we feel lack in Toyota Fortuner. Though new Fortuner is heading towards India in 2017.
- Quality of interior of in the new Endeavour has improved significantly and offers a high level of comfort and upmarket feel with features like leather upholstery, seats with massage function, Panoramic sunroof, Terrain management system, 8.2 inch infotainment system with SYNC 2 technology, automatic climate control for the front with AC vents for 2nd and 3rd row etc.
- The new Endeavour received 5-star safety rating in ANCAP crash test which is well complimented by safety features like seven airbags, ESP, ABS, EBD, roll stability program, traction control, hill launch assist and much more.
- Ford satisfactory after sale services and increasing network also adds to the advantage of the new true blue SUV.
- The six speed automatic transmission could have been better as it takes its own sweet time to respond to the inputs. So it is advised to be not in a hurry while pushing the throttle hard.
- Though the 2.2l engine delivers sheer performance and great ride quality but after ticking the 120km/hr mark it started to feel lethargic and seems to lose its breath.
- The Endeavour is rated to deliver 14.1 Kmpl for the MT and 10.9 Kmpl for the AT variant but in reality in turns out to be pretty mediocre thanks to 2 tonnes of weight and brunt engines.
- Some of the essential and common features go missing on new Endeavour such as Keyless entry and go, satellite navigation, steering adjustment.
- The bigger 3.2 litre diesel engine is only available with automatic transmission while there is MT with the engine. Whereas Toyota Fortuner 3.0 litre is available with manual transmission.
|Comparison of 2016 Ford Endeavour|
|Comparison of 2016 Ford Endeavour variants|