With the increasing demand for SUV, every manufacturing company wants to have a product that fulfills the need of buyers. Ford too has come up with the new Freestyle that it calls a CUV, Compact Utility Vehicle. The main challenge for Ford was to bring in a product which has proportions of a compact car with an SUV look and it has done it with the launch of the Freestyle. Here is our experience with the car
Exteriors and Interiors
The Freestyle is bigger than Figo and its electric design is evocative of crossover body styling. It comes equipped with tweaked bumpers, faux skid plates, body cladding, muscular style wheel arches and roof rails too. The interiors are similar to the Ford Figo cabin apart from the new fabric pattern for the seats. It was good to see a new dash tablet-like touchscreen system with SYNC 3. The cabin space of the car is sufficient for four average sized individuals and its seats are supportive too. The 257-litres boot with a high loading lip and prominent wheel arch intrusions makes utilizing space difficult, but one large suitcase and three soft bags can be adjusted easily.
- The 1.5-litre TDCi mill from the Figo has been retained in the Freestyle’s diesel version.
- It is quiet and does not have a rough engine.
- Even if it isn’t outright quick off the mark, it gets going post 2,000rpm.
- The clutch complements it by being well-weighted and light enough to ease driving.
- The strong mid- and top-end further aid the car’s cruising abilities..
- It is the first model to get the naturally aspirated three-cylinder engine.
- Ford uses the MX65 Getrag gearbox, that feels lighter to use
Safety features are also good with six airbags, ABS, ESP, TC, Hill-assist and active roll-over protection.
Ford Freestyle Ambiente-INR 509000 (petrol) and INR609000 (diesel)
Ford Freestyle Trend- INR599000 (petrol) and INR 699000 (diesel)
Ford Freestyle Titanium- INR639000 (petrol) and INR735000 (diesel)
Ford Freestyle Titanium+INR 694000 (petrol) and INR789000 (diesel)
Ford has nailed it with amazing features and an SUV look.
|Comparison of Ford Freestyle|
|Comparison of Ford Freestyle variants|