Audi India has silently launched the Audi A4 Premium edition on 17th November 2014 at the price of Rs. 38 lakh (ex- showroom Delhi) it’s just a special edition not a facelift. As we all know Mercedes is gearing up for the launch of its new C class which will arrive on 25th November but its counterpart Audi have decided to throw the dice in the form of A4 Sport edition to increase its model line-up plus to provide more alternatives to buyers and to counter the upcoming Mercedes C- Class.
Audi A4 premium sports edition is placed between or we can say it’s a new mid-variant which is positioned between the top variant technology pack and entry level premium variant. As far its price is concerned Sports edition is approx 2.5 lakh costlier than the premium variant.
Under the bonnet Audi A4 sports edition gets same 2.0L TDI diesel engine which is capable in producing 175.6BHP [email protected] rpm and 380Nm torque between 1750-2500rpm coupled to a multitronic CVT transmission with eight pre-programmed shifts. Audi A4 saloon sprints 0-100 km/hr in just 7.9 seconds with the top speed of 222 km/hr.
- Newly designed 17 inch 20 spoke alloy wheels
- Carbon black package for Wing mirrors, window mills and door moldings
- Two exterior colors– White and Red
- Interiors are based on all black themes in comparison to dual tone cabin in standard A4.
- S- line logo on ORVM’s, window frames, fenders and rear diffuser
- Electrically folded ORVM’s with memory and auto dimming function
- Glass Sunroof
Audi have played the game cleverly by launching A4 saloon Sports edition just a week before the arrival of Mercedes new C class which not only provide buyers more options but it will make Mercedes to re-strategize the all aspects of new C class including its Price.
|Comparison of Audi A4|
|Comparison of Audi A4 variants|