And finally Honda puts a break to the eager wait of customers by launching the most awaited car of the year, the most popular sedan Honda City’s facelift version. While the main USP of this launch had become its newly equipped diesel unit, the ongoing petrol variant also gets many changes. Though, we have already given you the details about this all new City, but as it has launched today in Indian car market, let’s take a brief look again on the main renovations of this royal sedan.
The trendy luxury sedan with eye-catching glimpse is available in six colors which are-
- Carnelian Red Pearl
- Golden Brown Metallic,
- Alabaster Silver Metallic,
- Taffeta White,
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Urban Titanium Metallic
We have arranged the exact price list (ex-showroom, Delhi) of all new City 2014 which is as follows:
- E MT: 7.42 lakhs (Petrol), 8.62 lakhs (Diesel)
- S MT: 8.04 lakhs (Petrol), 9.24 lakhs (Diesel)
- SV MT: 8.49 lakhs (Petrol), 9.66 lakhs (Diesel)
- V MT: 8.99 lakhs (Petrol), 10.16 lakhs (Diesel)
- VX MT: 9.93 lakhs (Petrol), 11.10 lakhs (Diesel)
- SV CVT: 9.49 lakhs (Petrol)
- VX CVT: 10.98 lakhs (Petrol)
The all new City offers both engine unit now, petrol as well diesel which are available in five variants namely E, S, SV, V, VX. The newly armed diesel unit is powered by 1498cc, 1.5 liter 4-cylinder, DOHC i-DTEC mated with 6-speed manual transmission gearbox and developing 98.6bhp of max power and 200Nm of peak torque.
On the contrary, the petrol unit is embellished with 1497cc, 1.5 liter, 4-cylinder, SOHC i-VTEC mated with 5-speed manual as well as automatic as an option. This powerful petrol engine churns out the max output of 117.4bhp and 145Nm.
As per its fuel efficiency is concerned, Honda has already declared that this new City diesel would be the most fuel efficient car of India in same segment while its petrol unit’s fuel economy has been improved too.
According to the Honda official website, the fuel efficiency figures of this all new City vary as per the base variants to highline variants. The new mileage figures are:
- City Diesel (variants E, S, SV, V) – 26.0 km/l
- City Diesel (variant VX) – 25.1 km/l
- City PetrolManual (variant E) – 17.8 km/l
- City Petrol Manual (variant S, SV, V, VX) – 17.4 km/l
- City Petrol Automatic (all variants) – 18 km/l
Space & Dimension:
As we told earlier that this new City 2014 gets a little hike in its height and wheelbase and hence the new overall dimension is 4440mm x 1695mm x 1495mm with the wheelbase, clear height and car boot of 2600mm, 165mm and 510 liters, respectively.
Interior & Exterior:
While the bumpers, headlights, tail lamps etc all are being renovated in this new facelift model to make it more attractive and give a fresh look, some new features have also been equipped. The list of newly equipped features is:
- Shark Fin Antenna (only in variants SV, V, VX)
- Econ Mode Switch (only with CVT gearbox)
- Auto Air Conditioner with Touch-screen Control Panel (only in variants SV, V, VX)
- Chromed front grille (only in variants SV, V, VX)
- Sunroof (only in top most variant VX)
- Eco Assist System with Ambient Rings on combination meter (only in variants SV, V, VX)
Car Zoom’s take:
Now, when all details are in front of you, set up your mind about that one variant of this luxury car which you want. Must say, the New Year of Indian Automobile Industry has been starting with a blast coz India’s most appealing and welcomed sedan Honda City is being launched after refining itself.
|Comparison of New Honda City 2014|
|Comparison of New Honda City 2014 variants|